Heart is still weighed down but here is some of what has been helping. I share it with you and hope you find some heart ease. Take care. Self-care is resistance.
- Alexis Pauline Gumbs, poethealer and spinner of love webs, offers up a poem for the family we never got to meet: 'pulse'
but now i am pulse
and now you
- a love spell for our grieving queer hearts. A ritual whose energy I returned to by brewing the herbs I cast into a heart heal tea this morning.
I cast Lemon Balm for broken hearts,
I cast Motherwort to hold us,
I cast Sage for those risen to ancestor,
I cast Rosemary as we remember,
I cast Rose for love, always.
- In praise of Latin Night at the Queer Club, and the ways we made it sacred ground (or an ode to that one time you and that hard femme shared lipstick and then shared lipstick and broke apart as Selena came on and you rushed the dancefloor)
Outside, tomorrow, hangovers, regrets, the grind. Outside, tomorrow, the struggle to effect change. But inside, tonight, none of that matters. Inside, tonight, the only imperative is to love.
- Alexis J. Cunningfolk has a few suggestions for more herbs that heal in times of tragedy
While the following is only a short list of suggestions, I am working on a much larger resource on herbs and trauma that I'll be sharing freely with folks in the coming weeks. I'll post about it on my blog and the various social media outlets where I can be found.
- Chani offers her starlit insight to guide us through this week
Saturn square Neptune (especially in this highly mutable astrological moment) can lend to feelings of confusion, disassociation and disenfranchisement. This is the point in the cycle at which we can no longer deny what is falling down, what is failing completely and what needs to be dealt with and dissolved...When we honestly look at how the structures that we are up against (Saturn) clash with the dreams we have for our lives (Neptune), we stand at the cross section of what needs to be done and what could be created.
- 6 O'clock Blues, a song by Solange Knowles eased my heart and reminded me of the shelter we have been and will continue to be for each other. I dedicate this to my queer and trans family.
They can sell me a story
And tell me we're in danger
But our love will never die..
Cause people don't make the world go round like they used to
But I know if I got one thing
Baby I know got you
You keep me sheltered from the six o'clock blues
Yeah, you keep me sheltered
From the six o'clock blues
And if I know one thing is gonna be alright
Then I know that’s it’s me and you
- love is shadowmagic and it reaches out to those we lost and loved so deeply even without knowing
No, it won’t fix everything, but love has often been the chosen tool/weapon/magic chosen by those of us who find ourselves at the bottom of the food chain because of its potential, for power, for release, for a freedom of our own making, for a possibility of loving ourselves so deeply that anything less is unacceptable.
Love is shadowmagic.
love survives; Three of Swords from The Morgan-Greer Tarot