Meeting the Slow Holler Tarot has been quite a ride. This deck is already metaphorically cracking my ribs open a bit so I felt it would behoove me to cast a deck interview spread to explore our working relationship. The words in italics are from the Slow Holler LWB.
1.Tell me about yourself. What is your most important characteristic? THE PRECIPICE - Wait. Surrender. Submit. Let pain, uncertainty, and fear wash through you until your perspective changes. Absorb the abyss. How refreshing to see a deck that doesn't relegate BDSM practice to The Devil card. A loss of control- but a willing one. This is a deck for shadow work, one that will require me to breathe through the discomfort to get to the other side for the answers I seek.
2. What are your strengths as a deck? VISIONARY OF VESSELS - Let your song be the song of the world. Feel your heart beat in unison with your friends, with your ancestors, and with the streaming waters of life. Tap into a massive power that isn't yours by letting your heart break open- in joy or in pain. Be a vessel for healing and you heal the world. Healing work through shadow is definitely the primary energy flowing through this deck.
3. What are your limits as a deck? THREE OF VESSELS - Have a party, perform a ritual, create a healing space, hold a community dinner. Express gratitude for the depth, strength, and endurance of all of the connections that sustain your soul. This deck is not community; it is not the healing; it is only a vessel- a channel for the work I have to do myself.
4. What are you here to teach me? THE FLEDGLING - Trust your adventurous self. Start over. Remember your innocence. Mock and play. Be spontaneous. Risk looking foolish. Trust your path. Take a plunge. Leap before you look. Learning to be more open to the new, strange, and even scary is going to a part of the journey I take with this deck.
5. How can I best learn to collaborate with you? NINE OF STONES - Celebrate your endurance, your stamina, your resilience. Enjoy your harvest. Savor all of your fruits. Be merry in the abundance. Gotta take my time with the work being done here and more than that, I need to also remember to have satisfaction and contentment with what I do put in and receive as growth back along the way.
6. What is the potential outcome of our working relationship? FIVE OF KNIVES - Return to your moral compass. Do not let hurt or old resentments trip your thoughts up or cause you to cut others with your tongue. Remember the strength that is in love, empathy, and interdependence. Healing through excavation of old pain and trauma will be a long, exhausting, nourishing, and fulfilling journey. In that order.